Saturday 4 July 2015

A Kitchen Garden Miscellany ...

This is what the kitchen garden looks like at the moment - full of flowers, but yes, there are vegetables in there somewhere!
I thought I had better do a post over here as I have been included in a list of Top 20 Gardening Blogs to follow (see here) - listed as a seasoned veteran - HA!  Unfortunately one or two of the facts aren't quite right - apparently I tailor my blog to all things associated with Italian cooking - not sure where that came from! 

Anyway, here are a few pics of how the kitchen garden is progressing in July - the month when everything starts coming to fruition - signs that all the hard work is paying off.

Charlotte potatoes
Purple TeePee French Beans
Hurst Greenshaft Peas
Sungold Tomatoes
various Lettuce
Purple Sprouting Broccoli
runner beans

Courgettes

 
 
So there you have it - proof, if proof were needed, that a tiny garden can produce plenty of veg - well, enough to keep two people fed throughout the summer anyway.

10 comments:

  1. My courgette plants are infuriating. I bought the seeds as 'non spreading' plants, and what do they do.... they spread all over the place. Also they are decidedly un-productive. I'm very annoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done it's all looking really good. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your garden is enchanting. What a wonderful place to gather your summer meals and refresh your soul. I love all the flowers mixed with the vegetables. That guarantees great pollination and certainly helps the bee population :)
    Have a beautiful day.
    Your blogging sister,
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh well done Elaine! I will be keeping my eyes peeled here for some delicious Italian recipes :)
    We had cold 'Charlotte' potatoes at lunch time and delicious they were too. Not a variety that I've grown before. I'm a convert now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It certainly is all looking good! Your tomatoes are much further on than mine, which are only just flowering. I must go and rummage for some spuds after seeing yours. The flowers do look lovely in the kitchen garden.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your garden looks lovely, Elaine - though I don't see any particularly Italian connection! The profusion of flowers must be a real "bee-magnet".

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll have to check out that list

    ReplyDelete
  8. It also shows very clearly that a vegetable plot can be beautiful as well as productive. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just ran across your blog. What great pictures of the vegetables and just love your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh elaine your garden is absolutely beautiful!!! if you ever want to guest post at A Piece Of Rainbow, drop me a line!! happy spring! =)

    ReplyDelete

If you have enjoyed reading this post why not leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...